Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 31: The Fall Festival

Photo of the Day: Concert at the Park


I swung by Bryant Park after work today to catch the last performance of their free Fall Festival. It was so pleasant to sit in the cool evening, flipping through brochures and materials from last week's graduate school fair, and listening to superb classical music by the world-renowned Orchestra of St. Luke's in the heart of New York City. I actually felt pretty crappy this afternoon and had a bad headache, so this was a relaxing, laid-back pick-me-up. Now that I'm back home, the family here is watching Dancing With the Stars on TV, which has everyone in an uproar. I was preparing for a mopey Monday evening alone, but it's hard when the people around you are having so much fun.

Ah, grad school. Both stressful and exciting to think about.
It was one of our program managers' last day at work, so we threw her a little office farewell party with crackers and cheese, cookies, cupcakes, and champagne.
The iconic Chrysler building at night. It's a lot smaller than I imagined it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment