Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 40: The Best Friend

 Photo of the Day: Jonathan


Jonathan has been my best friend since high school. We attended church together for years and co-directed multiple youth group productions. We roomed together throughout my college career. And today we met up again in New York because he is in the city for a conference tomorrow. I met him for dinner at the good old Noodle House, then we walked around Flushing soaking in the Chinatown vibe. It was a pretty low-key evening, but only a precursor to upcoming New York adventures. He's staying through Sunday, so that means I have an exploring buddy for the weekend!

Dinner in Flushing's Chinatown for noodle soup with Jonathan.
A Buddha statue in a Chinese restaurant.
Chinese restaurants reliably open for business late!
Hot barley tea to accompany our meal.
I wasn't that hungry, so I just had an appetizer: beef wrapped in green onion pancakes. Simple but surprisingly tasty!

Getting distracted by technological toys.

Loitering at Dunkin Donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment